Bam. With Stew Leonard’s set to open in Farmingdale, New York on January 20, 2016, who better to help introduce the one of a kind grocery store then famous chef, Emeril LaGasse.
Stew Leonard’s is a grocery store chain, frequently referred to as the “Disneyland of Dairy Stores,”because of its country-fair atmosphere, with costumed characters and animated entertainment throughout the store that keep children entertained while parents shop. With farm fresh products and amazing customer service, the store has already generated a buzz in Connecticut and Yonkers. Unfortunately there are only four stores currently in existence, but that is set to change with the grand opening of the grocery store in Farmingdale on January 20, 2016.
Stew Leonard’s began as a small dairy store founded in 1969 with just seven employees. Today, Stew Leonard’s is still family-owned and operated, but has grown to become a nearly $400 million dollar business with more than 2,000 employees. The company has received awards for excellence in customer service and quality and has been selected to FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work for in America” list for ten consecutive years.
Why the excitement for Stew Leonard’s? Have you ever tasted their lobster salad?
- The store is an experience – Characters to entertain the children while you shop, scheduled entertainment and a petting zoo on site. No more complaints from the children about going food shopping. What more could you ask for?
- Prices estimated to be 10 – 15% less than other national grocery chains
- Sell items based on quality, value and freshness
- 80% of the items sold in the store are fresh – meaning they are made on site or brought in daily
- Dedicated to customer service – store employees are two times what you will see in the average grocery store.
Where is Stew Leonard’s opening on Long Island?
- The 60,000-square-foot location is located in the Airport Plaza shopping center in Farmingdale, NY.
Stew Leonard’s is welcoming National TV personality and legendary chef Emeril LaGasse the first Saturday the store will be open, January 23, 2016 from Noon – 2pm. LaGasse will help celebrate the opening of Stew Leonard’s first store on Long Island with a signing of his most recent cookbook, ESSENTIAL EMERIL: Favorite Recipes and Hard-Won Wisdom from My Life in the Kitchen. The book will be available for the special price of $19.99 during the event.
Emeril Lagasse has hosted more than 2,000 shows on the Food Network, and is the food correspondent for ABC’s “Good Morning America.” Lagasse has appeared as a guest judge in four seasons of Bravo’s hit food series, “Top Chef,” was named a co-host on the 10th season of the “Rachael Ray Show,” and in January 2016, he entered his fourth season of “Emeril’s Florida” on the Cooking Channel. Lagasse is the best-selling author of 19 cookbooks, the latest, Essential Emeril: Favorite Recipes and Hard-Won Wisdom from My Life in the Kitchen, was released in October 2015.
Will you be going to Stew Leonard’s store in Farmingdale?
For more information about the store, visit Stew Leonard’s website at www.stewleonards.com.